Sue young Cancer Support
Cancer support services to support yourself and family during a difficult time
Coping with cancer can be difficult for both yourself and those around you. This can affect an individual in a number of ways; physically, emotionally, financially and through other practical effects and impacts. There are a range of different services within Leicestershire to help you at this difficult time, from help with practical considerations, financial worries or one to one emotional support. In addition there are support services to help and support your family and friends in a number of ways including carer’s support.
If your health is affected by cancer, you can get support from both experts and support groups within your local community. There are a wide variety of organisations locally and nationally offering a significant amount of support, advice and information. First Contact Plus works with our partner Coping with Cancer who are based in Leicester and Leicestershire who provide free support within your local area (see ‘what’s in my area’ for further information).
Can’t find the information on the website or need further support? You can fill in our online form below (red self-referral button in the bottom right corner) and we will get back to you within two working days.
What's in My Area:
- Jo’s Cervical Cancer Trust Jo’s Cervical Cancer Trust is the only UK charity dedicated to women, their families and friends affected by cervical cancer...
- LOROS LOROS Hospice is a local charity and every year we care for over 2,500 people across Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland.
- Marie Curie We give care and support to people living with any terminal illness and their families, bringing light in the darkest...
- PROSTaid (Caring for local people with Prostate Cancer) PROSTaid was started in 2006. We are a local, registered, independent prostate & prostate cancer charity, based in Wigston, Leicestershire.
- The Laura Centre Opened by the bereavement charity COPE in 1991, The Laura Centre offers specialist bereavement counselling to parents whose child has...