Alcohol and Drug Awareness
Alcohol and Drug support services for a healthier, happier life
Are you worried about how much you, a friend or family member is drinking? There is a lot of help available. Alcohol is widely consumed in the UK; but when used in excess or depended on, it can have a huge impact on your health and your life. “Alcohol has been casually linked to more than 60 categories of disease, illness and injury, including a variety of cancers, cardiovascular illnesses and traumatic conditions.” (alcoholresearchuk.org)
The use and misuse of drugs can have a devastating effect on health, family and society. There are legal prescribed drugs and illegal drugs -which are classified into different categories (please see useful resources section).
If your health is affected by drugs and alcohol, you can get support from experts. There are a wide variety of organisations locally and nationally offering a significant amount of support, advice and information. First Contact Plus works with our partner Turning Point (see what’s in my area and advert below) who provide free treatment in Leicestershire and Rutland.
Can’t find the information on the website or need further support? You can fill in our online form below (red self-referral button in the bottom right corner) and we will get back to you within two working days.
What's in My Area:
- Alcohol Guidelines – Units It's important to know how much you are drinking and the easy ways you can cut back.
- Alcohol Misuse – Introduction Alcohol misuse means drinking excessively – more than the lower-risk limits of alcohol consumption.
- Alcohol Misuse – Risks Alcohol is a powerful chemical that can have a wide range of adverse effects on almost every part of your...
- Amicus Trust – Accomodation, support, education and employment Providing accommodation, help and support to those who are homeless or at risk of homelessness including ex armed forces.
- Health and Wellbeing Directory of Services – Hinckley and Bosworth This Directory provides a variety of information about services that aimto improve quality of life, from counselling to support groups...
- NHS Choices – Drugs If you have a drug problem, there's a lot of help and support available on the NHS. Here's where to...
- Rehab 4 Alcoholism We offer a free helpline and intervention service for people suffering from drug and alcohol addiction.
- Talk to Frank If you're looking for advice, this is a good place to start.
- The Price of Alcohol The negative impact alcohol has, how much you should be having and the benefits of cutting down.