Support available to follow a healthier lifestyle
There are many changes we can make to follow a healthier lifestyle. Getting the right information is important to help us follow a healthier and more active lifestyle. To stay in good health, it is important to maintain a healthy weight. Eating a balanced diet with a variety of healthy foods including plenty of fruit and vegetables will help us keep us healthy and feel our best selves.
Adopting healthier habits and maintaining a healthy weight has many benefits. It reduces your risk of heart disease, type 2 diabetes, stroke, developing some forms of cancer, and helps ease joint and back pain. Being healthy also provides you with more energy. Here are some things to bear in mind when wanting to improve and maintain a healthy diet:
• Be mindful of your portion sizes.
• Eat plenty of fruit and veg to keep you feeling full.
• Make your diet as varied as possible; eating a range of healthy foods helps give your body the vital nutrients it needs
• Try and keep salt, saturated fat and sugar to a minimum. Keep an eye on food labels to see how much of these you are eating.
• Stay hydrated: it is important to drink between 6-8 glasses of water every day.
To find out if you are a healthy weight you can look up your body mass index (BMI). BMI is a measure of whether you’re a healthy weight for your height. You can use the BMI healthy weight calculator on our website to work out your score go to https://www.leicestershirewms.co.uk/
What's in My Area:
- 5 A DAY Tips
- Hazardous Waist Small changes in what you eat and how much exercise you take can make a real difference to how you...
- Health and Wellbeing Directory of Services – Hinckley and Bosworth This Directory provides a variety of information about services that aimto improve quality of life, from counselling to support groups...
- Healthy Weight Calculator (BMI) A regular routine of exercise can increase your BMI, improving your health and fitness
- Lose Weight
- Physically Active Guidelines for Adults
- Understanding Arthritis and Nutrition This booklet will explore the link between nutrition and Arthritis/MSK conditions, as well as showing how important a healthy lifestyle...
Thank you for all your help and support with healthy weight and healthy eating