Mental Health and Wellbeing
Information and advice on looking after your mental health and wellbeing
1 in 4 people in the UK will experience problems with their mental health each year. Mental health illness can have a huge impact, whether you are experiencing issues yourself, or you are supporting someone who is.
There is a range of support to help with mental health issues -from speaking to your GP, taking part in a mindfulness session (in Hinckley and Charnwood areas) and discussing your issues with a trained practitioner.
At First Contact Plus we work with the Mental Health Reablement Team (MHRE), the NHS’s Let’s Talk-Wellbeing service and the Mental Health Wellbeing and Recovery Services. The MHRE Team works with people across Leicestershire who need help and encouragement to be part of their community. Poor mental health can reduce a person’s confidence to take part in things and live a normal everyday life. The MHRE works with residents to build their confidence back up and work towards a positive recovery over 12 weeks.
Let’s Talk Wellbeing provides psychological assessment and treatment for what are known as mild to moderate common mental health problems. It is normal to experience changes in your mood and behavior at times of stress and emotional upset. Your physical health may also affect your mood and stress levels. If these changes continue to affect you, then the Let’s Talk-Wellbeing service could help.
Let’s Talk wellbeing provides specialised skilled and accredited practitioners who are able to provide psychological therapies (talking therapies) for people experiencing common difficulties including depression, anxiety, panic, phobias, obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), trauma and stress.
The Mental Health Wellbeing and Recovery Services support people to access information and advice about mental health and local support. They also provide one to one and group personalised recovery support for those people with a mental health condition.
Can’t find the information on the website or need further support? You can fill in our online form below (red self-referral button in the bottom right corner) and we will get back to you within two working days.
What's in My Area:
- CALM – Male Suicide Prevention Charity Helpline The Campaign Against Living Miserably (CALM) is dedicated to preventing male suicide, the single biggest killer of men under 45...
- Combat Stress For veterans worried about your mental health, we can help.
- Counselling Directory Find a counsellor or psychotherapist near you.
- Cruse Bereavement Care We offer support, advice and information to children, young people and adults when someone dies.
- Harmless Harmless deliver a range of services and also deliver 'The Tomorrow Project'.
- Harmless Flyer Harmless is a self harm service, established in 2007 by people who have personal experience of self harm. Since then...
- Headway Headway is the UK-wide charity that works to improve life after brain injury. Through its network of more than 125...
- Health and Wellbeing Directory of Services – Hinckley and Bosworth This Directory provides a variety of information about services that aimto improve quality of life, from counselling to support groups...
- Library Events and Activities Join a library, reserve or renew your books, hire a library room and collect temporary waste permits.
- Macmillan Cancer Support Providing practical, medical and financial support and push for better cancer care.
- Mental Health Foundation The Mental Health Foundation is a UK charity that relies on public donations and grant funding to deliver and campaign...
- Mental Health and Wellbeing Leicestershire Services If you want to find out more about mental health and how local services can help you or your family...
- Mind We won't give up until everyone experiencing a mental health problem gets support and respect
- Papyrus – Prevention of Young Suicide Provide confidential help and advice to young people and anyone worried about a young person.
- Pohwer Advocacy POhWER provides the following services in Leicestershire: NHS Complaints Advocacy and Independent Mental Capacity Advocacy (IMCA), including Deprivation of Liberty...
- Reading Well for Health and Wellbeing Our Reading Well collections help you to understand and manage your health and wellbeing using helpful reading recommendations.
- Richmond Fellowship Richmond Fellowship promotes recovery, wellness & inclusion for everyone experiencing a mental health issue. This includes advice, support and social...
- Royal British Legion Supporting the armed forces community both past and present.
- Saneline Our helpline is here to support you when you feel you have reached a moment of crisis.
- Start A Conversation Start a Conversation is a suicide prevention campaign that aims to build a community that is committed to the mental...