Find out how to access local sexual health services, advice and support
Sex should be enjoyable and is an important part of our lives and relationships, but there are risks including sexually transmitted infections (STI’s) and unplanned pregnancy.
You can be at risk from STI’s (or sexually transmitted infections) through a variety of sexual activities. There are many different types of STI’s and most can be treated; but it is important if you are worried, had unprotected sex or have any unusual symptoms –to see your G.P or local sexual health clinic (find your local sexual health clinic search in useful resources below).
It’s important to remember that not all STIs have symptoms. If you’re worried about sexually transmitted infections, it’s best to get tested.
Contraception is used to prevent an unplanned pregnancy. There are several different types of contraception and it is important to make a choice to best suit your needs and lifestyle. There are methods you can use which are long lasting, these are called LARC (Long-acting reversible contraception) and include coils, contraceptive implants and injectable contraception. These methods are over 99% effective, making them the most reliable types of contraception available.
Can’t find the information on the website or need further support? You can fill in our online form below (red self-referral button in the bottom right corner) and we will get back to you within two working days.
What's in My Area:
- British pregnancy advisory service Supports reproductive choice by advocating and providing services to prevent or end unwanted pregnancy with contraception or by abortion.
- Contraception Advice
- Find your local Sexual Health Clinic
- Health and Wellbeing Directory of Services – Hinckley and Bosworth This Directory provides a variety of information about services that aimto improve quality of life, from counselling to support groups...
- Information and Guidance on Sexual Health
- Rape Crisis Support, information and advice for victims of rape and sexual abuse