Improve your health by quitting: Find local free support
There are so many benefits to stopping smoking including living longer, less stress, younger looking skin, whiter teeth, better breathing, improved smell and taste, more energy and protecting the health of your friends and family. Smoking is the biggest cause of preventable illness and premature death. Stopping smoking is the best thing a person can do to improve their health.
Information and support is a great start in understanding the harmful effects of smoking, but also to know you are not alone and there is plenty of help available.
First Contact plus works closely with our partner QuitReady. Getting support from a stop smoking organisation means you are 4 times more likely to quit.
QuitReady Leicestershire is a telephone-based quit line, supported by a range of online resources. The service offers behavioural support through telephone, text, web chat and live chat. Face to face appointments are available to people with mental ill health, pregnant women and vulnerable groups.
The service is e-cig/vaping friendly and encourages e-cig users to get in touch, if they are interested in behavioural support and advice. The service is evidence-based and supports smokers in the way they want to be supported.
Stop smoking advisors are available Mon to Fri: 9am – 7pm, Sat: 10am – 2pm, Sun: Closed. The QuitReady website link is available in What’s in my area below.
Can’t find the information on the website or need further support? You can fill in our online form below (red self-referral button in the bottom right corner) and we will get back to you within two working days.
What's in My Area:
- An Independent Introduction to Vaping for Smokers This film is a basic introduction to e-cigarettes for smokers considering switching from smoking to vaping.
- Health and Wellbeing Directory of Services – Hinckley and Bosworth This Directory provides a variety of information about services that aimto improve quality of life, from counselling to support groups...
- Smokefree – Chat to an adviser online From local face-to-face services to advice on the phone and online chat, there's a wide range of free support.
- Smokefree – Quit Kit Sign up for your free Quit Kit
- Top Tips for Safer Vaping This short animated film places the much-publicised 'dangers' of vaping in perspective, and provides clear sensible advice on how to...