Community Groups and Transport
Want to get out more? Find local community groups, luncheon clubs, transport
If you are feeling a little lonely or isolated, or just want to meet new people or attend new groups -there are a variety of things on offer. You can access information here on local luncheon clubs, activity groups and community transport.
If you are lacking confidence in accessing things in your community there are services to help you. First Contact Plus works with a re-enablement service. If you are experiencing a physical or mental health issue -the service can help you to regain independence through support, assistance and encouragement from support workers. They can help you work on certain goals; for example if you lack confidence in leaving the house or travelling on public transport.
Local councils and organisations provide accessible transport services for people who, because of disability, rural isolation or age cannot use public transport or have problems doing so. Services are available to help people live and travel as independently as they can.
Community transport is generally provided by voluntary sector partners and includes community bus services and social car share schemes.
Can’t find the information on the website or need further support? You can fill in our online form below (red self-referral button in the bottom right corner) and we will get back to you within two working days.
What's in My Area:
- Age UK Telephone Friendship A friendly chat when you need it.
- Cinnamon Trust The National Charity for the elderly, the terminally ill and their pets.
- Coalville Friendship Groups
- County Wide Libraries Make Friends With A Book Reading Groups County wide Library reading groups available to Leicestershire residents.
- Headway Headway is the UK-wide charity that works to improve life after brain injury. Through its network of more than 125...
- Hinckley Library Colouring Group for Grown Ups
- Hinckley and Bosworth Community Transport Hinckley and Bosworth Community Transport provide accessible transport services in the Hinckley & Bosworth area.
- Library Events and Activities Join a library, reserve or renew your books, hire a library room and collect temporary waste permits.
- Meetup What do you love? Do more of it with Meetup
- Pohwer Advocacy POhWER provides the following services in Leicestershire: NHS Complaints Advocacy and Independent Mental Capacity Advocacy (IMCA), including Deprivation of Liberty...
- Recovery College Brochure Summer 2020 Summer Course Guide: Monday 20th April - Friday 21st August 2020
- Richmond Fellowship Richmond Fellowship promotes recovery, wellness & inclusion for everyone experiencing a mental health issue. This includes advice, support and social...
- Royal Voluntary Service Together for older people
- Shuttlewood Clarke Foundation Supporting the elderly, adults with disabilities and young people through wellbeing activities, outdoor education and inspiring support services.
- The Farming Community Network
- The Involvement Centre The Involvement Centre is an information, IT and social resource for patients, services users, carers, family, friends and staff.
- The Silver Line The Silver Line is the only free confidential helpline providing information, friendship and advice to older people, open 24 hours...
- The Sporting Memories Foundation Changing Lives Through Physical Activity.