Help in your home
Help at home with cleaning, shopping and garden clearance/maintenance
Most of us want to live as independently as possible for as long as possible; but sometimes as we get older, or if we have issues with mobility and illness, we need a bit of help.
Services through Age UK gives you a helping hand with housework, shopping and laundry as well as providing support in other areas to help you maintain your independence at home. There is help available in your home and garden.
Domestic services can include:
- Housekeeping – including dusting, vacuuming, sweeping and polishing
- Bed making
- Laundry and ironing
- Shopping and meal preparation
- Menu planning
- Household management -helping with correspondence and managing bills etc.
- Running errands
If you are struggling to clear or maintain your garden; there is help available on a one off basis (for a big garden clearance) or a longer term basis to help you with the upkeep of your garden (e.g. regular weeding, mowing and tidying of outside areas). First Contact Plus works in partnership with Age UK (longer term paid for service).
Can’t find the information on the website or need further support? You can fill in our online form below (red self-referral button in the bottom right corner) and we will get back to you within two working days.
What's in My Area:
- British Red Cross First Call Service The British Red Cross First Call service aims to provide short-term practical and emotional support at home for up to...
- RCC – Good Neighbour Scheme A community run volunteer phone line to help those in need/at risk within the local area.
- Wavelength – Support for people who are lonely WaveLength gives TVs and radios to lonely and isolated people living in poverty.