Are you struggling with money worries or concerned about debt?
It’s normal to feel worried, anxious or low when times are difficult. Job insecurity, job losses, financial problems and debt can all cause emotional distress.
There is a variety of help available which you can access below, in particular by looking at the links under What’s in my area; Leicestershire county.
First Contact Plus works closely with our partner Citizen’s Advice Bureau. They play an essential part in helping people by providing information and directing them to the best source of help.
Citizen’s Advice Bureau has general and specialist advisers; the service is free, independent, confidential and impartial. Advisers can help you to sort out debt worries, advise on legal matters, and also negotiate with companies or service providers such as creditors. Please click on the Citizen’s advice advert logo below.
Can’t find the information on the website or need further support? You can fill in our online form below (red self-referral button in the bottom right corner) and we will get back to you within two working days.
What's in My Area:
- Age UK – Find your local Age UK Find your local Age UK to find out what services are available in your area.
- Community Advice and Law Service Leaflet Free confidential welfare benefits, housing and debt advice.
- Council Tax Reduction for People a Severe Mental Impairment Tens of thousands of people who are entitled to a 'severe mental impairment' council tax discount could be missing out...
- Life Links – Foodbanks Leicester Foodbanks available in Leicester and Leicestershire areas.
- Money Saving Expert
- Severn Trent Trust Fund People unable to meet the cost of water charges and who live in the Severn Trent area can apply for...
- Shelter – Housing Advice Shelter helps millions of people every year struggling with bad housing or homelessness through our advice, support and legal services.
- The Trussell Trust – Find a Foodbank The Trussell Trust supports a network of over 420 foodbanks, which operate out of more than 1,230 centres across the...